Searsport Antique Mall
The Searsport Antique Mall is open all year round and 7 days a week. The mall is located in mid-coast Maine between Camden and Bar Harbor on Route1. It has one of the largest group shops. They have a staff that loves to help and will go the extra mile to help you. This mall is great if you just want a few pieces for your home or if you are furnishing your home. It carries items from the 18th to 20th century to art pottery to hooked rugs and much more. The items are displayed in room-like settings.
The video is where my parents and I go to eat our lunch at the docks. It is beautiful. You get to see the ocean with its ships. The wind blowing in your hair. The sound of seagulls flying through the air. The people on the docks are friendly as they tell you if they caught any fish.
Notable people of Searsport
Here is a list of 6 notable men of Searsport:
1. Roswell K. Colcord, the 7th Governor of Nevada, who was born in Searsport.
2. Peter A Garland, a US Congressman, and town manager of Searsport.
3. Sam Houston, bodyguard to George Washington, who was one of the residents in Searsport.
4. Freeman McGilvery, an Army officer, who was born in Searsport.
5. Ephraim K. Smart, a US Congressman, who was born in Searsport.
6. Frederick Stevens, a US Representative from Minnesota, who was raised in Searsport.